How to Make Asian Sweet Chili Chicken
Asian Sweet Chili Chicken RecipeAsian countries have abundant wealth of food and other natural resources. Asia is famous for its food which is rich in spices that cannot be obtained from other countries.
You can find various recipes from Asian foods on the internet and you can make it yourself at home. Even though you can't find ingredients that match the ingredients of the recipe, you can make them with ingredients in the kitchen. The way to make it is very easy, here I give you the recipe.
- TEMPURA BATTERED CHICKEN
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup all-purpose flour sifted
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup water ice cold
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 pound chicken thighs boneless-skinless and cut into 1 inch pieces
- canola oil for frying
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 3 green onions sliced thinly, tip to tail not including the root
- 1/2 cup Thai sweet chili sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- OPTIONAL GARNISHES
- white sesame seeds
- minced green onions
Note: click on times in the instructions to start a kitchen timer while cooking.
- Mix together the batter ingredients in a large bowl.
- Heat a frying pan up with oil deep enough to fry your chicken pieces without them touching the bottom of the pan, a couple inches should be enough space.
- Using a slotted spoon drain the batter as much as possible and slide the chicken into the pan.
- Break apart the chicken after the crust starts to form and cook until the chicken is golden brown (4-5 minutes)
- Work in batches to prevent the oil from dropping too far in temperature.
- Remove the last batch of chicken from the pan and discard almost all the oil, leaving just a couple of tablespoons in the pan.
- Add the garlic and green onions to the pan and cook it on medium heat for 20-30 seconds.
- Add the chicken back in along with the sweet chili sauce and crushed red pepper.
- Toss to combine and serve immediately.
- Garnish with sesame seeds or green onions if desired.
This recipe is a recipe made by one of the smart cooking bloggers, his name is Sabrina Snyder. You can find various recipes that he made here and more video recipes.
For the recipe above, you can serve for 4 to 5 people and this recipe comes from Thailand which is famous for its delicious cuisine.
Thank you, hopefully the recipe will be useful and you can make it easily.
The post Asian Sweet Chili Chicken appeared first on dinnerthendessert.com