Recipe: Yummy Chocolate Cake Roll with Pistachio Cream Filling and Frosting
Chocolate Cake Roll with Pistachio Cream Filling and Frosting.
You can cook Chocolate Cake Roll with Pistachio Cream Filling and Frosting using 15 ingredients and 28 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chocolate Cake Roll with Pistachio Cream Filling and Frosting
- Prepare of For Pistacho Cream Filling and Frosting.
- It's 2 cups of pistachios, salted.
- You need 2 cups of confectioner's sugar, divided use.
- Prepare 3 of tablespooms butter, salted at room temperature.
- You need 2 cups of heavy cream.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- Prepare of For Chocolate Cake Roll.
- You need 1/2 cup of cake flour.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of unsweetened coccoa powder.
- Prepare 3/4 teaspoon of baking powder.
- It's 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 5 of large eggs, at room temperature.
- You need 3/4 cup of granulated sugar, divided use.
- You need 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- Prepare of confectioner's sugar for dusting.
Chocolate Cake Roll with Pistachio Cream Filling and Frosting step by step
- Make Pistachio Cream Filling.
- Place pistachios in a large sauce pan, cover with water, bring to a boil and cook 2 minutes. Drain pistachios.
- Place drained pistachios in a food processor and blend until smooth This will take about 2 minutes, scraping prosessor sides a few times.
- Add butter and blend until smooth.
- Add 1 cup of the confectioner's sugar slowly in batches, blending, it will become very smooth.
- Beat cream to soft peaks, add vanilla and remaining 1 cup confectioner's sugar.
- Add a few spoon fulls of pistachio puree , beating in careful not to over beat. When cream is thickened fold in remaining pistacho puree to blend. I used natural un colored pistachios so to get the classic green color I added some green food.color.
- Refrigerate to firm up while making cake.
- Make Chocolate Cake Roll.
- Prehest oven to 375. Spray a 15 by 10 inch jelly roll pan with bakers spray. Line pan with parchment p aper and spray paper with bakers spray.
- In a small bowl whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt.
- Seperate eggs, place whites in one large bowl and yolks in a seperste large bowl. Beat the egg whites intil foamy, gradually add 1/4 cup of the sugar and beat untuil stiff peaks form.
- Beat egg yolks, remaining sugar and vanilla until light and creamy, stir in flour/ cocoa mixture.
- Fold 1/3 cup egg white mixture into yolks, then fold temaining.
- Spread batter evenly in prepared pan. Bake 12 to 15 minutes until a toothpick comes out just clean.
- Cool 2 minutes on a wire rack. Meanwhile dust a clean kitchen towel with confectioner's sugar. Run a small knife around cake edges to loosten and invert cake onto towel.
- Carefully peel off parchment paper.
- Roll cake up in towel in long cylinder, cool on rack.
- Fill and Frost Cake.
- Unroll cake and spread with some pistachio cream.
- Roll cake up using towel to help tightly roll. Place seam side down on a platter and frost with remaing pistacho cream, garnish with pistachios. Refrigerate at least 2 hours before slicing. Serve with whipped cream.