Recipe: Yummy Harry Potter Themed Chocolate Cake
Harry Potter Themed Chocolate Cake. Chocolate is a sweetened confectionery available in both the muggle and wizard worlds. In the case of the latter, it also has special properties, depending on the brand. Not only does it make a wonderful treat for the consumer, but it serves as a powerful and excellent antidote for the chilling.
The decadent layers of moist, chocolate cake have been coated with our creamy chocolate ganache frosting. Enjoy our Chocolate Cake at your next party, celebration or family gathering - you'll be amazed! The cauldron cakes at the The Wizarding World of Harry Potter just got a whole lot more magical. You can have Harry Potter Themed Chocolate Cake using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Harry Potter Themed Chocolate Cake
- It's 2 cups of all-purpose flour.
- You need 2 cups of sugar.
- You need 3/4 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder.
- It's 2 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 tsp of espresso powder.
- You need 1 cup of milk, buttermilk, almond, or coconut milk.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of vegetable, canola oil, or melted coconut oil.
- You need 2 of large eggs.
- You need 2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It's 1 cup of boiling water.
- You need of Chocolate Buttercream Frosting Recipe.
The theme park has switched out the colorless original - made of chocolate cake filled with chocolate mousse, dipped in ganache and topped with a ganache handle - for something altogether. The real magic of the Harry Potter universe is that eating books is a viable way to teach yourself the material within them. From Hogwarts to Hedwig, these cakes have got virtually everything in the Harry Potter universe covered. It's pretty difficult to believe that these were baked without the use of magic.
Harry Potter Themed Chocolate Cake instructions
- Preheat oven to 350º F. Prepare two 9-inch cake pans by spraying with baking spray or buttering and lightly flouring..
- Add flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, salt and espresso powder to a large bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer. Whisk through to combine or, using your paddle attachment, stir through flour mixture until combined well..
- Add milk, vegetable oil, eggs, and vanilla to flour mixture and mix together on medium speed until well combined. Reduce speed and carefully add boiling water to the cake batter until well combined..
- Distribute cake batter evenly between the two prepared cake pans. Bake for 30-35 minutes, until a toothpick or cake tester inserted in the center of the chocolate cake comes out clean..
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for about 10 minutes, remove from the pan and cool completely..
- Frost cake with Chocolate Buttercream Frosting..
This cake features all the classic Harry Potter staples: a wand, Harry's glasses, the golden snitch, a letter from Hogwarts, and of course, Hedwig. Kudos to those with a Harry Potter-themed wedding! This magnificent purple cake is truly breath-taking. Throw a big Harry Potter-themed brunch party and include these Butterbeer pancakes. One big mug of this hot chocolate sounds pretty perfect for Halloween night.