Easiest Way to Make Yummy Molten Marshmallow-Chocolate Cakes
Molten Marshmallow-Chocolate Cakes. Thirteen-year-old Joe Kozal was impressed by a molten chocolate cake in a restaurant but thought he could do better. Instead of chocolate, Joe's cakes ooze melted marshmallow. This molten chocolate cake, created by master chef Jean-Georges Vongerichten is ready in under an hour!
Here, Food & Wine presents his perfect recipe. In a pan over very low heat, stir chocolate chips and butter until melted and smooth. Serve these rich chocolate cakes at your next celebration with family or friends. You can cook Molten Marshmallow-Chocolate Cakes using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Molten Marshmallow-Chocolate Cakes
- It's 1 1/3 Cups of chocolate semi Sweet chips.
- You need 55 Grams of butter.
- You need 1/3 cup of sugar granulated Cup.
- You need 2 of eggs large.
- It's 1/2 Teaspoon of vanilla.
- It's 1 Cup of all-purpose flour.
- You need of sugar Powdered (optional).
- Prepare 6 of Marshmallow large.
A half-cake serving is all that's needed to provide big chocolate flavor! Dessert is individual molten chocolate cakes. The best part about these little beauties is that the cake batter is extremely forgiving: You can make it up to six hours before you plan to serve the cakes. Assemble the Cake: Slice each cake layer in half horizontally so you have six cake layers.
Molten Marshmallow-Chocolate Cakes step by step
- In a 3- to 4-quart pan over very low heat, stir chocolate chips and butter until melted and smooth..
- Remove from heat and whisk in granulated sugar, eggs, and vanilla until well blended. Stir in flour..
- Fill six buttered, floured ramekins (1/2-cup capacity; see notes) about halfway. Press a marshmallow into the center of the batter in each ramekin. Spoon remaining batter equally over marshmallows, completely covering..
- Bake in the center of a 350 Fahrenheit regular or 325 Fahrenheit convection oven until tops are puffed up and crackly, 12 to 15 minutes..
- Let cool about 10 minutes, then run a knife along inside of ramekins and invert to release cakes..
Homemade molten chocolate lava cakes are so easy to make, it's actually one of the easiest desserts ever - who would have ever thought? Serve the chocolate lava cakes immediately while they are still hot. If you need to store them for later, keep them in refrigerator, then reheat in the microwave. Valentine's Day = time for molten chocolate cake! Stop whatever you are doing and make these Molten Chocolate Marshmallow Mini Cakes immediately.