How to Cook Delicious Tomato and Aubergine Pasta Sauce
Tomato and Aubergine Pasta Sauce. or till tomatoes are cooked through and sauce has thickened Add fried aubergine cubes and remove from heat. Cook spaghetti according to packet instructions. Drain and add spaghetti to sauce Add basil leaves and toss pasta in sauce till well coated Serve immediately with grated Parmesan on the side.
Herbs - I used approximately a teaspoon each of basil and thyme. TO MAKE THE SAUCE: whole canned tomatoes, a drizzle of balsamic vinegar and a sweetener (either sugar or honey) to add balance to the sauce while it's simmering. It's really important to check that the eggplant/aubergine is nice and soft before you tip the pasta into the sauce. You can have Tomato and Aubergine Pasta Sauce using 8 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Tomato and Aubergine Pasta Sauce
- You need 1 of onion.
- It's 1 tin of chopped tomatoes.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic.
- You need 1 of vegetable stock cube.
- Prepare 1 of aubergine.
- You need of Oil (any).
- It's of Salt.
- It's of Pasta.
Here's my pasta with aubergines, tomatoes and garlic sauce for you to enjoy. Many people steer clear of aubergine and yet it really is an easy vegetable to prepare. In this sauce, it enhances the tomato flavour without overpowering it, so if you have children who don't like their vegetables, try this. Waitrose & Partners Food Spaghetti with tomato and aubergine sauce recipe on Waitrose.com.
Tomato and Aubergine Pasta Sauce instructions
- Finely chop 1 onion. Add to a pan on a low heat. Sweat..
- Finely chop the garlic cloves. Add to the onions and keep on a very low heat..
- In the meantime, heat some oil in a separate pan (I used garlic oil)..
- Add the tin of chopped tomatoes to the onion and garlic..
- Using the empty tin from the tomatoes, break up a vegetable stock cube and add approx 100 ml of boiling water. Swirl it around the tin to melt the stock cube. Add to the tomatoes. Let that cook gently..
- Meanwhile, cut up the aubergine into small chunks. Add to the pan with the oil..
- Fry the aubergine (it will instantly soak up all the oil). Keep moving them around so they get nice and golden..
- Add to the tomato sauce. Cook gently - the sauce should start to thicken..
- Put some pasta (enough for 2) on to boil while it reduces. If the sauce starts to get too dry, add some of the pasta water. Make sure you taste the sauce - add some salt if you think it needs it. Once at a nice consistency, turn off the heat..
- Drain the pasta and serve with your sauce! (and add cheese if you fancy 🧀).
This simple dish draws inspiration from the Italian classic pasta alla norma. Tip the spaghetti into the remaining sauce, toss to combine then. Tasty pasta for two has never been easier! This ready-made pasta sauce combines chunks of tomato and fried aubergine with tomato paste, as well as assorted vegetables and herbs, for a full-bodied pasta sauce ideal for adding to a batch of freshly prepared spaghetti or similar. Eggplants, also known as aubergines, belong to the nightshade family of plants and are used in many Italian dishes.