Recipe: Tasty Doctored-up Chocolate Cake with Sour Cream Fudgy Frosting
Doctored-up Chocolate Cake with Sour Cream Fudgy Frosting. Decadent Chocolate Cake with Chocolate Fudge Frosting. We're talking chocolate cake today, so let's get right Because cold ingredients don't bind evenly, you'll want to make sure your eggs, egg yolk, sour cream, and milk have all come to room temperature. This easy chocolate sour cream cake is made with sour cream, cocoa powder, and hot coffee.
Made with chocolate and cocoa powder, and frosted with a perfect chocolate ganache. A very chocolatey, moist Chocolate Fudge Cake that is similar to chocolate mud cake, but not as dense. Made with both melted chocolate and cocoa, AND topped with chocolate ganache, this one is sure. You can cook Doctored-up Chocolate Cake with Sour Cream Fudgy Frosting using 15 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Doctored-up Chocolate Cake with Sour Cream Fudgy Frosting
- Prepare of For the cake:.
- You need 18 oz. of devil's food cake mix.
- You need 3 oz. of instant chocolate pudding mix.
- Prepare 1 c of sour cream.
- It's 1 c of vegetable oil.
- You need 4 of eggs.
- You need 1/2 c of milk.
- It's 1 tsp of vanilla.
- It's pinch of sea salt.
- Prepare 2 c of semi-sweet chocolate chips (optional).
- Prepare of For the frosting:.
- Prepare 12 oz of semi-sweet chocolate chips.
- Prepare 8 oz of sour cream.
- It's 1/2 c of butter.
- Prepare 4 1/2 c of sifted powdered sugar.
Place sour cream in smaller bowl and add soda and salt, stir. Cream butter and sugar in a large bowl until fluffy. Beat in eggs one at a time. Frost sides and then the top of the cake.
Doctored-up Chocolate Cake with Sour Cream Fudgy Frosting step by step
- Preheat oven to 350ºF..
- Beat together all of ingredients until smooth batter forms, reserving the chocolate chips if using..
- Mix in the chocolate chips with a rubber spatula. (optional).
- Divide batter into two 10-inch round baking pans (you can use other pans and baking times according to the directions on the cake mix box). Bake for 30 minutes, or until toothpick inserted comes out clean..
- Let cool before frosting..
- For the frosting, in large pan over low heat melt and stir semisweet chocolate pieces and butter. Cool 10 minutes. Stir in sour cream. Stir in powdered sugar; stir until smooth. Makes 4 cups..
Decorate with chocolate curls or raspberries or eat it just as it is! This chocolate sour cream cake is light and airy thanks to the beaten egg whites that are folded into the batter. It's also rich and luscious, from a double dose of dairy—sour cream and butter—and cocoa powder. The cake is baked in three layers and is a divine treat when slathered in creamy chocolate. For every occasion that calls for chocolate frosting, keep this fudgy recipe close by.