Recipe: Tasty Mike's Stacked Seafood Chowder
Mike's Stacked Seafood Chowder.
You can have Mike's Stacked Seafood Chowder using 32 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Mike's Stacked Seafood Chowder
- It's 8 Cups of Seafood Stock [made with all shells & strained x2].
- You need of ☆ [note: you may not need all of your seafood stock].
- It's 1/2 Cup of Quality White Wine.
- Prepare 2 of Bay Leaves.
- It's of ● For The Seafood [all fine chopped & presteamed].
- Prepare of ☆ [note: reserve all shells for seafood stock].
- It's 1 Cup of Shreadded Snow Crab Legs [look closely for any shells].
- Prepare 1/2 Cup of Crawdad Tails [optional but consider them].
- Prepare 1 of LG Lobster Tail.
- You need 1 Cup of Shrimp.
- It's 1 Cup of Clams.
- Prepare of ● For The Chowder [sauté hard veggies in 4 tbsp butter].
- Prepare 2 Cups of Heavy Cream.
- You need 1/2 Cup of Diced Celery [to be sautéd].
- It's 1/2 Cup of Diced Vidalia Onions [to be sautéd].
- You need 3 Cups of Diced Potatoes [parboiled].
- Prepare 1/4 Cup of Fresh Green Onions.
- It's 1 Dash of Saffron Threads.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Fine Minced Garlic.
- Prepare 1/4 Cup of Fresh Chopped Parsley.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Fresh Thyme.
- It's 1 tsp of Old Bay Seasoning.
- You need 1/2 tsp of White Pepper.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Fresh Ground Black Pepper.
- You need 4 tbsp of Butter & 1/4 Cup AP Flour.
- Prepare of ● For The Options [to taste].
- Prepare of Chopped Carrots.
- You need of Sweet Corn.
- You need of ● For The Sides [as needed].
- You need of Dry Sherry [to drizzle over chowder].
- Prepare of Fresh Warm Crispy French Bread.
- It's of Seasoned Croutons.
Mike's Stacked Seafood Chowder step by step
- Various cold seafoods pictured..
- Steamed whole crawdads pictured..
- Pull all of your crab, lobster, crawdads, clams and shrimp meat from shells and reserve all shells..
- Create your seafood stock by boiling shells, wine and bay leaves for 15 minutes on high. Make enough for 8 cups. You may not need all stock depending upon how thick or thin you'll want your chowder. Strain your stock twice in a fine mesh strainer or cheese cloth.
- At the same time, parboil your potatoes for 7 to 10 minutes to soften them before adding to your chowder. It's a real time saver. Small chop..
- Again, at the same time in a seperate pan, sauté your onions and celery in butter until translucent. About 2 to 3 minutes. Then, add flour and mix well until dissolved..
- Simmer chowder for 30 minutes. Stir regularly..
- Add your seafood to your chowder in the last 5 minutes of simmering..
- Serve chowder piping hot with crispy warm French bread for dipping and seasoned croutons. Also, Sherry to drizzle over the top if desired..
- Or, crispy garlic crustinins..