Recipe: Yummy Healthier Chocolate Cake
Healthier Chocolate Cake.
You can have Healthier Chocolate Cake using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Healthier Chocolate Cake
- You need 245 grams of plain flour.
- It's 1 cup of brown sugar (or granulated sugar if you prefer).
- It's 1 teaspoon of baking soda.
- Prepare 10-12 tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa powder.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- It's 5 tablespoons of ground carob.
- Prepare 400 grams of firm yoghurt (not as watery as buttermilk but not as firm as greek yoghurt either).
- It's 300 ml of water.
- You need 200 grams of baking chocolate (for the frosting).
- You need 2 tablespoons of milk (for the frosting).
Healthier Chocolate Cake step by step
- Combine dry ingredients in a bowl (flour, sugar, baking soda, cocoa, salt and carob). Whisk thoroughly.
- Combine wet ingredients in a separate bowl (yoghurt and water). Whisk thoroughly.
- Slowly add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Mix until just combined.
- Pour the batter in a round 25 cm cake pan that's been greased and lined with parchment paper. Bake for 25-35 min in a 180°C oven.
- Make the frosting: combine chocolate and milk in a bowl. Microwave until melted at 30 second intervals, stirring each time. Let cool a bit then pour over the cake. Refrigerate until firm.