Recipe: Yummy Slow cooker 15 bean & ham soup with or without pasta
Slow cooker 15 bean & ham soup with or without pasta. Well, yes - but that honestly depends on your diet and nutrition goals. I actually remember her making it on New Years because it has black-eyed peas and ham in it Also, I made this in both the slow cooker and the Instant Pot/ pressure cooker. There is a time and place for both, in my opinion.
Sort and rinse beans, then drain. Place in slow cooker with water, sausage, red pepper, onion and garlic. Slow Cooker Ham and Bean soup is the perfect family meal because everyone always loves it; this hearty soup is like a hug in a bowl! You can cook Slow cooker 15 bean & ham soup with or without pasta using 23 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Slow cooker 15 bean & ham soup with or without pasta
- Prepare 1 bag of dried hurst 15 bean soup mix with seasoning packet.
- Prepare of Optional 👇.
- You need 1 tsp. of baking soda plus enough water to soak beans overnight.
- Prepare 2 cups of diced ham or 2 to 3 ham hocks.
- It's 1 of small yellow onion diced.
- You need 2 of carrots peeled and diced.
- You need 2 stalks of celery peeled and diced.
- It's 1 Tbsp. of garlic minced.
- You need 1/4 cup of butter.
- You need 2 tsp. of dried basil.
- You need 1/2 tsp. of black pepper.
- You need 1 tsp. of dried thyme.
- Prepare 1 of bay leaf.
- Prepare 4 cups of water.
- It's 4 cups of low sodium chicken broth.
- You need 1 (14.5 oz) of can Italian flavored diced tomatoes or use petite >.
- Prepare of tomatoes with 1 tsp. Italian seasonings mixed in.
- You need 1 tsp. of salt.
- Prepare 3 cups of chopped kale.
- It's 1/2 of lemon juiced.
- You need 2 tsp. of hot sauce.
- It's of (Optional)1 1/2 cups ditalina pasta.
- You need of Shredded Parmesan cheese.
The slow cooker does all of the work. This is one of our favorite meals and just about everyone I know goes crazy over it. The tomatoes and the chicken broth give the beans such a great flavor. Why is learning How to Cook Dried Beans in a Crockpot Slow Cooker such a big deal?
Slow cooker 15 bean & ham soup with or without pasta instructions
- Place the beans in a colander and sort out any debris, rinse beans and either add to slow cooker or to a pot and cover with water and add 1 teaspoon baking soda and let it sit overnight it's optional but i prefer it..
- If you soaked the beans give them a quick rinse and add to slow cooker.
- Add in ham, onion, carrots, celery, garlic, butter, basil, thyme, pepper, bay leaf, broth and water.
- Cover slow cooker and don't open lid while cooking. Set on high for 8 hours.
- After 8 hours remove bay leaf and shred ham hocks if used and discard bone and add in tomatoes, hot sauce, kale, salt, lemon juice and pasta if adding. Stir up and cover and cook for 20 more minutes and then stir in flavor packet that was in with the beans. Serve and top with some Parmesan cheese if desired. It's also great with buttered cornbread on the side. Enjoy !.
This post will tell you why I think cooking your own beans from scratch You can cook a batch of beans and freeze them in small containers to keep in the freezer. And cooking your own beans eliminates the cans that. Slow cooker sloppy joes made with beans and beef! This simple crockpot recipe feeds a crowd and it's perfect for busy back to school dinners or for game day! Slow cooker beans is an easy way to save money on healthy food.