Easiest Way to Prepare Delicious Brad's panko parmesan crusted halibut with cashew pesto pasta
Brad's panko parmesan crusted halibut with cashew pesto pasta. My sister Beth made this Panko Parmesan Crusted Halibut recipe and raved about how amazing it was. I thought it would be fun to share it. Basically you just take some Panko bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, fresh parsley, olive oil and fresh lemon and turn it into something amazing.
Halibut can be awfully pricey; if seeking a cheaper option, any mild, lean, flaky white fish, such as flounder, sole, or tilapia, would probably do. This baked halibut is simple enough for a busy day and special enough for guests. The buttery bread crumb and Parmesan topping flavors it perfectly. You can have Brad's panko parmesan crusted halibut with cashew pesto pasta using 20 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Brad's panko parmesan crusted halibut with cashew pesto pasta
- Prepare of For the fish.
- It's 2 lbs of halibut fillet. Skin removed.
- It's of Sea salt.
- It's of White pepper.
- You need of Garlic powder.
- You need 1 cup of Panko bread crumbs.
- It's 1 cup of grated parmesan cheese.
- Prepare 1 tbs of dry mustard.
- You need 1 tbs of chilie flakes.
- You need of Flour for dredging.
- Prepare 1 of egg, beaten.
- Prepare of For the pasta.
- It's 1 lb of tri color rotini.
- You need 1 1/2 cups of prepared pesto.
- It's 1 of snack size bag of honey roasted cashews, smashed to crumbs.
- It's 1 of medium red onion, chopped.
- You need 1 tbs of minced garlic.
- You need 2 tbs of butter.
- It's 1/4 cup of white wine.
- You need of Drizzle of balsamic vinegar.
Some other large flatfishes might be labeled "halibut" as well. Some possible substitutions for the more expensive halibut include turbot, haddock. Most of the time seafood recipes that have a delicious crust on them contain breadcrumbs, but this mixture is a very simple and packed with parmesan, pecans and spices to make a decadent. Menu Secrets from Our Kitchen - quick and easy menu application ideas from Upper Crust Enterprises.
Brad's panko parmesan crusted halibut with cashew pesto pasta step by step
- Prepare halibut and cut into portions. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Set aside..
- Melt butter in a fry pan. Saute onions until they start to carmelize. Add garlic. Saute 2 more minutes. Add wine and cashews. cook off liquid. Set aside.
- Grease a baking sheet. Dredge fish in flour mixed with dry mustard. Place on baking sheet. Brush on beaten egg..
- Mix panko, parmesan, and Chile flakes. Crust top of fish. Bake at 425 8-9 minutes. Middle rack. Turn broiler on high. Cook until crust browns. Keep a good eye on it..
- Meanwhile, boil 4 qts salted water. Add pasta. Cook till AL dente. Drain and rinse with cold water..
- Add pasta back to pot. Mix in pesto sauce, onion mixture, and a pinch of parmesan. Heat on low until heated through..
- Plate immediately. Place halibut over pasta. Drizzle with balsamic vinegar. Garnish with basil leaves and lemon slices. Enjoy..
Remember use only Authentic Japanese Panko bread crumbs from Upper Crust Enterprises in your kitchen. http. Panko Parmesan Crusted Halibut is a shared recipe from Melissa. She writes Halibut happens to be my most favorite fish. My crusted halibut recipe is a perfect for a healthy dinner at home. Another favorite halibut recipe, adapted from the folks at Coastal Seafoods.