How to Cook Appetizing Orzo pasta with shrimp
Orzo pasta with shrimp. The universal appeal of shrimp scampi, frankly, isn't the shrimp but the pan sauce: garlicky butter lightened with white wine and bursts of lemon, parsley and red-pepper flakes. Scampi is often tossed with pasta or served with crusty bread, but this version instead uses quick-cooking orzo. Create a bruschetta-style shrimp orzo pasta dish that will win rave reviews from the BBQ crew.
Have you tried shrimp with orzo before? Just one pot of pure comfort food. Well, it's a fast cooking kind of pasta. You can cook Orzo pasta with shrimp using 16 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Orzo pasta with shrimp
- You need 1 bag of frozen shrimp, defrosted and cleaned.
- It's 1.5 cups of orzo pasta.
- Prepare 1 of small can of tomatoes, I used chipotle seasoned.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of frozen peas, defrosted.
- You need 1 of lemon juice.
- It's 1 of chopped shallot.
- Prepare 1.5 cups of chicken broth.
- Prepare 1.5 cups of water.
- Prepare of Olive oil.
- Prepare of Grated parmesan.
- You need of Marinating shrimp:.
- You need 1 tbsp of garlic podwer.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of cumin powder.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of red chilli powder.
- You need of Juice of 1 lime.
- It's of Salt.
It looks like rice, but it's not. I have been cooking shrimp with orzo for years. Add orzo pasta and cook according to package directions. Allow mixture to boil again, then add shrimp.
Orzo pasta with shrimp instructions
- Marinate the shrimp with the spices above mentioned in a bowl..
- Take a wide bottomed pan, add olive oil, fry the chopped shallots and garlic until brown..
- Add the uncooked orzo and fry till few of them turn little brown..
- Add the broth and water,peas to the pan and bring it to boil.once it comes to boil, simmer it and cook it covered for 10 to 12 minutes..
- Once the orzo is cooked, add the tomatoes and mix well..
- Cook for few minutes and set a side. Mix in the lemon juice..
- In a separate pan, cooked the shrimp with little oil, let all the water evaporate and cook however you like. If you like juicy, I suggest cooking for 5to6 mins after the water evaporates..
- Once shrimp is cooked., arrange them on top of the orzo pasta in a bowl.
- If you like, u can add bacon crumbles too..
Orzo Pasta (I used Lemon Orzo pasta for this recipe. You can cook these side by side. Once shrimp and pasta are cooked, just assemble salad and ready to serve. Shrimp scampi, creamy pesto shrimp, shrimp Alfredo—these pasta dishes are sure to impress. You can use frozen or fresh shrimp and any pasta shape you like.