How to Prepare Perfect 14 Layer Chocolate Cake
14 Layer Chocolate Cake. Fourteen very thin layers with chocolate between each layer. I am from Georgia and make it all the time for church functions and family reunions. This is the most decadent chocolate cake I've ever tried!
My favorite choice for a classic celebration cake! Well, chocolate is used three times: chocolate cake, chocolate frosting, chocolate. Heritage recipe for Chocolate Little Layer Cake. You can cook 14 Layer Chocolate Cake using 12 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of 14 Layer Chocolate Cake
- It's 1 cup of shortening.
- Prepare 4 of eggs.
- It's 3 cup of plain flour.
- You need 2 tbsp of baking powder.
- You need 2 1/2 cup of sweet milk aka whole milk.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of vanilla flavoring.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of butter flavoring.
- Prepare 2 cup of sugar.
- You need 3 cup of sugar.
- It's 6 tbsp of cocoa.
- It's 1 cup of butter.
- You need 1 can of evaporated milk.
Tiny yellow cake layers filled with boiled chocolate frosting. While flourless chocolate cake recipes usually call for eggs, making a vegan version was surprisingly easy. I simply mixed three tbsp Bob's egg replacer Enjoyed in single layer form. Excellent flavor on the cake and the frosting.
14 Layer Chocolate Cake step by step
- Sift flour and baking powder...set aside..
- Cream shortening and sugar until fluffy..
- Add 1 egg at a time, beat well..
- Add flour mixture alternate with milk. Beat until well blended..
- Stir in vanilla and butter flavoring..
- You may use any 9 inch pan..
- Use shortening to grease pans and sprinkle with flour. I use Baker's Joy..
- Be sure to wash pans after each layers to prevent a build up in pans..
- Spread 1/2 cup of batter in pans and bake at 375 preheated oven until lightly brown..
- You can put layers on wire rack or clean towels until cool. I just start building my cake as I get them out..
- FROSTING l do my frosting first so it can cool down..
- Melt butter in a 4 quart sausepan..
- Mix cocoa and sugar and evaporated milk..
- Bring to a rolling boil. Reduce heat and cook 2 mins. STIRRING CONSTANTLY while cooking. Remove from heat and cool. It will be thin. Spread generously between layers on top and sides of cake..
This stately layered chocolate cake from Test Kitchen Pro Ivy Odom is made with soft, winter wheat flour and rich chocolate icing. This chocolate layer cake turns out so fluffy and nice. Honestly, it's pretty simple and straightforward to make. Keyword: Chocolate Layer Cake with Creme Chantilly Frosting. This homemade chocolate layer cake is a chocolate lover's dream.