Recipe: Appetizing Pasta con le sarde espressa
Pasta con le sarde espressa.
You can cook Pasta con le sarde espressa using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Pasta con le sarde espressa
- It's 2 of small fennels.
- Prepare 2 of anchovies.
- It's 1 tin of sardines (usually 3-4 sardines).
- It's 1 clove of garlic.
- You need 1 of chilli (optional).
- You need 1 pinch of saffron (optional).
- Prepare 1 of big handful of raisins.
- You need 8-10 of cherry tomatoes (or 2 large tomatoes).
- It's 200 g of fresh pasta (or 150g dried).
- It's 1 handful of breadcrumbs.
Pasta con le sarde espressa step by step
- Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil for the pasta as usual. Slice the bulbs of the fennel in thin rounds; keep aside the fluffy tips for later..
- Add the fennel, chilli, saffron, garlic and anchovies to a pan with the oil and fry for a few minutes. Once the fennel starts to soften and the anchovies start to dissolve, add the raisins. After another minute or so, add the sardines and the chopped tomatoes and cook for another 5 minutes tossing frequently..
- Remove from heat. Cook the pasta (these are homemade chestnut and wholemeal pappardelle); in the meantime, chop the fennel tips finely..
- Drain the pasta al dente and combine it with sauce in the pan. Add the chopped fennel tips and the breadcrumbs..