Recipe: Perfect Nana's Chocolate Cake
Nana's Chocolate Cake.
You can cook Nana's Chocolate Cake using 17 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Nana's Chocolate Cake
- Prepare of For the Frosting:.
- Prepare 2 cups of sugar.
- Prepare 6 Tbl of Cocoa.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of milk.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of shortening.
- You need 1/8 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 2 tsp of blackberry brandy.
- It's of For the cake:.
- It's 3/4 of unsalted butter (melted).
- You need 1 3/4 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- You need 1 tsp of blackberry brandy.
- You need 2 cups of flour.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of Cocoa.
- You need 1 1/4 tsp of baking soda.
- It's 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 1/3 cup of milk.
Nana's Chocolate Cake step by step
- For the cake:.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy..
- Add eggs and brandy, beat until smooth and uniform..
- Combine flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt. Add alternately with the milk to the creamed mixture..
- Pour batter into 2 greased and floured (with cocoa) into 2 8" cake pans..
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35 to 40 minutes..
- Cool. Frost with the icing in your fridge..
- For the frosting/icing:.
- Mix all ingredients together except for the brandy in a medium pan and heat over high heat..
- Stir constantly until the mixture begins to boil..
- After 2 minutes of boiling and stirring constantly, remove from heat..
- After the mixture cools for a few minutes, add the brandy..
- Allow the mixture to cool thoroughly and then place into the refrigerator for several hours..