Best Lemon Bars
Best Lemon Bars #cakebars #desserts #dessertrecipes.
- 2 cups unsalted butter softened
- 1/2 cup white granulated sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- Pinch or two of salt
- 6 eggs beaten
- 3 cups white sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup lemon juice
- Optional: 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- powdered sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and set aside a 13x9 pan sprayed with cooking nspray. You can also line with parchment or tin foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Shortbread Crust
- With an electric mixer, beat the butter and sugar together until light and creamy, about 2-3 minutes on high.
- Add flour and salt and mix until the dough comes together.
- Press evenly into the prepared sheet pan, building up a 1/2-inch edge on all sides and bake until it just starts to turn golden brown, 15-20 minutes.
- Lemon Curd Filling
- While the crust is baking, in another bowl, whisk together the eggs, sugar, lemon zest, lemon juice, and flour.
- Pour lemon curd filling over the crust and bake for 30 to 35 minutes, until the filling is set.
- Let cool to room temperature.and dust with powdered sugar
- Cut lemon bars into squares or triangles and dust tops with powdered sugar. Addictive!!!
DISCLAIMER: All images are copyrighted to their respective owners. All content cited is derived from their respective sources. Links to the sources can be found at the bottom of the page.This recipe adapted from foodnetwork.