Caramel Apple Pecan Cobbler
Caramel Apple Pecan Cobbler #applepecan #desserts #dessertrecipes.
For the Apple Filling
- 9 apples, peel, core and slice (I used Granny Smith)
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp corn starch
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- ¾ cups butter (1½ sticks)
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 stick butter, cut into small pieces
- 2/3 cup boiling water
- 3 Tbs sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
Preheat oven to 375°
For the Filling
- Add sliced apples to large mixing bowl.
- Sprinkle brown sugar, sugar, cinnamon, corn starch, lemon juice and nutmeg over apples.
- Stir until apples are coated then add pecans. Stir.
- In a small heavy bottom pan, melt butter over low heat.
- Stir in brown sugar and milk.
- Bring to a boil over low heat and continue stirring constantly for 12 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add 1 tsp of vanilla. Stir.
- Let caramel cool for 10 minutes. Pour over apple mixture and stir (save a small amount to drizzle over the top. You will have to heat it up again so that the sauce is easy to pour).
- Pour into an ungreased 13 x 9 baking dish.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk flour, sugar, brown sugar, baking powder and salt together.
- Using a pastry blender, mix butter into flour mixture until crumbly.
- Pour in boiling water and stir until combined.
- Spoon mixture over apples and spread making sure to cover all the apples.
- In a small bowl, mix sugar and cinnamon together and sprinkle on top.
- Bake for approximately 35 minutes, or until topping is golden brown.
DISCLAIMER: All images are copyrighted to their respective owners. All content cited is derived from their respective sources. Links to the sources can be found at the bottom of the page.This recipe adapted from greatgrubdelicioustreats.