How to Prepare Tasty Basic Chocolate Cake
Basic Chocolate Cake.
You can have Basic Chocolate Cake using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Basic Chocolate Cake
- Prepare 125 grams of Unsalted butter.
- You need 100 grams of Dark cooking chocolate, roughly broken up.
- It's 1 cup of Brown sugar.
- Prepare 1 cup of Self raising flour.
- It's 1/2 tsp of Bi-carbonate soda.
- It's 1/2 cup of Almond meal.
- You need 300 ml of Sour cream.
- You need 2 of Eggs, lightly beaten.
- It's 1 tsp of Vanilla essence.
- You need 1 of (Icing).
- Prepare 150 of Milk chocolate, chopped.
- It's 100 grams of Butter.
Basic Chocolate Cake step by step
- (Cake) Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease and line a 20cm round cake tin..
- Place butter, chocolate and sugar in a medium sized saucepan. Cook over low heat, until butter melts and sugar has dissolved..
- Sift the plain flour, self raising flour and bicarb into the saucepan. Add almond meal, sour cream, eggs and vanilla essence. Mix well and pour into prepared pan and bake for 40-45 minutes..
- Cool slightly in the tin before turning onto a cooling rack. Let the cake cool then ice and decorate it..
- Icing: Place chocolate and butter in a heatproof bowl over simmering water. Cook until chocolate melts..
- Remove from heat and continue stirring until mixture thickens to an icing consistency..
- Really easy- I didn't even sift the flour and still turns out great. If I can cook it.... Also a great one to get the kids involved in helping..