Red Velvet Cinnamon Rolls
Red Velvet Cinnamon Rolls #cinnamon #desserts #dessertrecipes.
- 1 package red velvet cake mix (regular size)
- 2-1/2 to 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1-1/4 cups warm water (120° to 130°)
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 to 5 tablespoons 2% milk
- Combine cake mix, 1 cup flour and yeast. Add water; beat on medium speed 2 minutes. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough (dough will be sticky). Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead gently 6-8 times. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease the top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 2 hours. Meanwhile, in another bowl, mix brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Punch down dough. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; roll dough into an 18x10-in. rectangle. Brush with melted butter to within 1/4 in. of edges; sprinkle with sugar mixture.
- Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seam to seal. Cut crosswise into 12 slices. Place cut sides up in a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Cover with a kitchen towel; let rise in a warm place until almost doubled, about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Bake until puffed and light brown, 15-20 minutes. Cool slightly.
- Beat confectioners’ sugar, butter, vanilla and enough milk to reach a drizzling consistency. Drizzle icing over warm rolls.
DISCLAIMER: All images are copyrighted to their respective owners. All content cited is derived from their respective sources. Links to the sources can be found at the bottom of the page.This recipe adapted from tasteofhome.