Recipe: Appetizing Never Know It's Good For You Chocolate Cake
Never Know It's Good For You Chocolate Cake.
You can cook Never Know It's Good For You Chocolate Cake using 13 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Never Know It's Good For You Chocolate Cake
- You need 1 1/3 cup of All purpose Flour ( or use half white, half wholewheat flour).
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of Soft brown sugar.
- It's 1 1/2 tsp of Baking powder.
- You need 2 tsp of Baking Soda.
- It's 1 tsp of Cinnamon.
- You need 1 tsp of Ground nutmeg.
- You need 1 tsp of Salt.
- It's 1 cup of Unsweetened cocoa powder.
- You need 1 1/3 cup of Apple sauce, preferably unsweetened and smooth.
- Prepare 2 of Eggs, lightly beaten.
- You need 2 tsp of Vanilla extract.
- You need 2 cup of Grated zucchini.
- You need 3 tbsp of sunflower or olive oil.
Never Know It's Good For You Chocolate Cake instructions
- Preheat oven to 350°F or 170c fan oven..
- Spray a 9 inch Bundt tin with non-stick cake release spray.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a large bowl. So, add flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, spices, salt and cocoa powder and stir to combine..
- Add applesauce, eggs and vanilla..
- Lastly stir in grated zucchini..
- Pour into the prepared tin and place in oven. Bake for about an hour. Check two thirds of the way through and cover top with aluminium foil if it is getting too brown and crispy. I check every few minute after 50 minutes with a skewer inserted into the middle to check for doneness . The skewer should come out clean with only a couple of crumbs attached..
- This is a very moist, clean tasting chocolatey chocolate cake. My family never guessed it was fat free and contained fruit and veg. I just added a topping of Glacé Icing made with powdered sugar and water with cocoa to taste..
- Please note that I originally posted this recipe omitting the oil. I apologise for this oversight..