Recipe: Appetizing Vegan chocolate cake
Vegan chocolate cake. This really is the best chocolate cake ever, vegan or otherwise. A simple vegan chocolate cake, made with basic ingredients and perfect for any occasion. Four years ago this month, John and I were just kids planning our wedding.
While the cakes cool prepare the frosting. Add vegan butter, powdered sugar, cocoa powder, and vanilla. Now, you might think a vegan chocolate cake recipe will be difficult to master. You can cook Vegan chocolate cake using 16 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Vegan chocolate cake
- It's of Cake.
- You need 1 1/4 cup of Flour.
- It's 1 cup of Sugar.
- It's 1/3 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It's 1 tsp of Baking soda.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of Vegetable oil.
- It's 1 tsp of Distilled or white apple cider vinegar.
- You need 2 tbsp of Vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1 cup of warm water.
- It's of Glaze.
- It's 1/2 cup of Sugar.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of Margarine.
- It's 2 tbsp of Soy milk.
- It's 2 tbsp of unsweetened cocoa powder.
- It's 2 tsp of Vanilla extract.
This may be the healthiest cake I've made, but you'd never know it by eating it. It's perfectly moist with a rich dark chocolate flavor that's made even richer with a thick. This BEST vegan chocolate cake recipe is quick and easy with no unusual ingredients. Hundreds of readers have loved this moist fluffy vegan chocolate cake.
Vegan chocolate cake step by step
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. In an 8X8 square pan/dish, mix together flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, and salt with a fork, making sure it is really blended together. Add the water, vanilla, oil, and vinegar, and again, mix together so that it's really blended together. Use a spatula to scrape down the sides if necessary..
- Place in oven and bake for about 30 minutes, or until a knife comes out clean. Cool on a rack completely (2 hours). Seriously, wait 2 hours, or it will collapse in the centre..
- For the glaze, in a small saucepan, bring sugar, margarine, milk, and cocoa to a boil. Stir frequently; then reduce heat to a simmer for 2 minutes, stirring constantly. It'll look gloppy, but it's just the bubbles! Remove from heat and stir for another 5 minutes..
- Add vanilla, stir, and immediately pour onto cake. Glaze dries really quickly, so spread it immediately and add any sprinkles now. Let this cool for an 1 hour, if you can wait that long!.
It's egg free and dairy free. This vegan chocolate cake is fudgy, super moist, ultra chocolaty and is topped off with an easy whipped chocolate ganache frosting! Can be made gluten-free, whole wheat or with all-purpose flour. This vegan chocolate cake recipe ticks all the right boxes. All you do to make this simple vegan chocolate cake frosting is melt together coconut milk and vegan dark chocolate pieces.