Easiest Way to Prepare Appetizing Chocolate Strawberry Ice Cream Cake Roll
Chocolate Strawberry Ice Cream Cake Roll. Then I filled the roll with strawberry ice cream. I used Tillamook because I love their product, but you can use your favorite brand. The strawberry ice cream filling along with the chocolate cake and the whipped cream or Cool Whip topping makes this cake full of neapolitan flavors.
Tightly roll the cake back up, this time without the towel. Learn how to make a delicious Strawberry Chocolate Ice Cream Cake with only four ingredients. For more follow the hashtag #RachaelRayShow. You can cook Chocolate Strawberry Ice Cream Cake Roll using 21 ingredients and 30 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chocolate Strawberry Ice Cream Cake Roll
- Prepare of For Chocolate Cake Roll.
- It's 1/2 cup of cake flour.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of unsweetented cocoa powder.
- Prepare 3/4 teaspoon of baking powder.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 5 of large eggs.
- It's 1/2 teaspoon of cream of tarter.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of granulated sugar, divided use.
- It's 1 tablespoon of sour cream.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- You need of confectioner's sugar for dusting.
- It's of For Filling.
- You need of about 6 cups strawberry ice cream, softened.
- Prepare of For Whipped Cream Frosting.
- It's 11/2 cups of cold heavy whipping cream.
- You need 1/3 cup of confectioner's sugar.
- Prepare 11/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- It's of Chocolate Ganache Drizzle.
- It's 1 ounce of milk chocolate, chopped.
- Prepare 1 ounce of semi sweet chocolate, chopped.
- It's 1 of tablespoonsp heavy whipping cream.
When I say this Chocolate Strawberry Ice Cream Cake is light years ahead of those cakes. I'm not being mean, or stuck up. Just totally blown away by homemade fresh ice cream cakes. They are SO much better than Dairy Queen Ice Cream cakes!
Chocolate Strawberry Ice Cream Cake Roll step by step
- Preheat the oven to 375. Spray a 15 by 10 by 1 inch jelly roll pan with bakers spray, line pan with parchment paper and spray paper with bakers sprahy.
- Seperate eggs, whites in one large bowl a nd yolks on another. Cover and allow ro come to room temperature.
- Whisk in another bowl the flour, baking powder, cocoa powder and salt.
- Beat egg whites and cream of tarter until foamy.
- Gradually add 1/4 cup sugar and beat until it forms glossy peaks.
- Beat egg yolks, sour cream, sugar and vanilla until light in color and increased in volume.
- Fold in flour/cocoa powder mixture until well combined.
- Fold in egg whites in 3 additions until uniform.in color.
- Spread evenly into prepared pan.
- Bake 12 to 13 minutes until a toothpick comes out just clean. Cool 2 minutes in pan. Run a small knife around edges of pan to un stick any parts of the cake from the pam and invert cake on to powdered sugar dusted cake roller.
- Roll warm cake up in cake roller. Place seam side down on rack and cool completely before filling.
- Carefully unroll cooled cake, carefully peel off parchment paper.
- Fill Cake with Strawberry Ice Crea,.
- Quickly spread softened strawberry ice cream onto cakes surface.
- Roll cake up using cake roller to help and place seam side down on parchment paper, cover and freeze 7ntil frozen.
- MAKE Whipped Cream Topping.
- Beat Cream to soft peaks.
- Add confectioner's sugar and vanilla and beat until firm peaks form.
- Cover frozen cake roll with whippedcrea. Return to freezer and prepare chocolate drizzle.
- Make Chocolate Drizzle.
- Heat cream until hot but not boiling in the microwave or stove top. Pour over chopped chocolate and let sit one minute, then stir smooth. Allow to cool 15 minutes.
- Drizzle over cake, freeze until set.
- Slice andServe with fresh strawberries.
There are plenty of strawberry patches near my hometown, and soon they'll be brimming with red berries. I discovered this recipe a few summers ago and have made it often. Ice cream cakes have always been a favorite dessert of mine, and I love how the melted ice cream gets soaked up by the cake. In a blender, combine bananas, strawberries, almond butter, and maple syrup (if using). Team up chocolate cake with marshmallow swirl, chocolate ice cream, and toasted hazelnuts for this We're talking layers of brownies, vanilla and strawberry ice cream, crunchy peanut butter, and crushed Chocolate cake and ice cream are enrobed in a thick blanket of meringue and baked until.