How to Make Tasty Whoppie Chocolate Cake
Whoppie Chocolate Cake. Whoopie Pie Cake is an instant favorite for not only kids, but adults too! This delicious chocolate cake is filled with sweet Marshmallow Buttercream! Chocolate Whoopie Pie Cake is a delicious spin on the classic whoopie pie!
Thanks SO much for watching, see ya soon! Whoopie pies taste like a really good frosted chocolate cake. Whoppie pies are a New England classic and a Pennsylvania Amish tradition, and they are one of Maine's most loved food. You can cook Whoppie Chocolate Cake using 16 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Whoppie Chocolate Cake
- You need of Cake.
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- You need 3/4 cup of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of melted butter.
- Prepare 2 cup of self raising flour, sifted.
- Prepare pinch of of salt.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of milk.
- Prepare of Chocolate Ganache topping.
- Prepare 1 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla or almond extract.
- You need 1/2 cup of icing sugar.
- You need 1 cup of whipping cream.
- It's 1/2 cup of butter, softened.
- It's 1 cup of marshmallow frosting or whipped cream.
- You need 1/2 cup of almond or walnuts, toasted & chopped for garnishing.
Two saucer-shaped rounds of chocolate cake sandwiched around a marshmallow-y cream filling: that's the classic whoopie pie. Originally popular in New England and around. This whoopie pie cake is incredibly fun and delicious! Two delicious chocolate rounds sandwiching a fabulous frosting.
Whoppie Chocolate Cake step by step
- Preheat oven at 150C. Grease and flour two 8-inch round pan. Beat together eggs, salt and sugar till pale in color, add melted butter, mix and gradually add flour, milk and vanilla essence. Mix till just incorporated. Divide batter in 2 pans, tap pan slightly to remove extra bubbles and bake for 30-35 min. Cool and set aside..
- In a metal bowl, melt chocolate chips in a pot of boiling water (or double boiler) for 2 minutes or till melted. Remove from heat and add the rest of topping ingredients except chopped nuts..
- Place first piece of cake on serving board or flat plate and cover the center with the whipped frosting or cream till half inch away from edges, sprinkle with half the nuts. Gently put the next piece of cake on top and pour the Chocolate ganache topping evenly, its okay if it trickles on the side. If ganache thickens, rest your pot on a hot bowl of water, then sprinkle with the rest of the nuts..
- Nuts are optional, for variation: allow kids to have fun by sprinkling their favorite M&M, gummy bears or mini marshmallows instead..
Classic quick and easy chocolate whoopie pie recipe with creamy marshmallow filling. Soft, moist, made with simple ingredients. Then check out these classic chocolate whoopie pies that are made using Betty Crocker™ Super Moist™ cake mix and frosting - a wonderful dessert treat. I've saved this jam-filled whoopie pie recipe for years after cutting it out of a newspaper. Keyword: Gluten Free Chocolate Cake, Paleo Cake, Paleo Chocolate Cake. ©Downshiftology.