How to Prepare Perfect Mike's EZ Broiled Lobster Tails
Mike's EZ Broiled Lobster Tails.
You can have Mike's EZ Broiled Lobster Tails using 14 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Mike's EZ Broiled Lobster Tails
- It's of Seafood.
- You need 2 of 8 oz Lobster Tails [de-thawed].
- Prepare of Lobster Butter Marinade.
- It's 2 stick of Tillamook Salted Butter [melted or, you can clarify].
- You need 1/4 tsp of Garlic Powder - Old Bay Seasoning - Lemon Pepper - White Pepper.
- You need 1 tsp of Dried Parsley.
- Prepare of Lobster Toppers.
- It's 1 dash of Paprika - Lemon Pepper - Dried Parsley.
- Prepare of Kitchen Equipment.
- Prepare 1 medium of Broil / Oven Safe Pan.
- Prepare 1 of Meat Thermometer.
- You need 1 large of Chefs Sheers.
- You need 1 of Sharp Knife.
- Prepare 1 of Pair Tongs.
Mike's EZ Broiled Lobster Tails step by step
- Turn on and preheat oven broiler. Heat & mix Lobster Butter Marinade..
- Fully de-thaw lobster tails in fridge overnight, in the sink with water or microwave at 30% for a minute or two. Watch tails VERY closely if de-thawing in microwave and make certain they never cook, only de-thaw. After de-thaw, rinse tails under cold water and dab dry..
- Using a large, sharp set of Chefs sheers, carefully cut down the center of the lobster shells without cutting into the lobster itself. Also, do not cut all the way down to the tails. Stop about 1/2" from the base. Rinse any broken shells from your tails and dab dry again..
- Carefully lift the lobster meat upwards, out of its shell and, above the shell without pulling it all the way out. The meat should still be attached at the base but lifted above the shell and resting gently on top. ° With a sharp knife, butterfly [or slit] the lobster meat open but don't cut the lobster meat all the way through. See #2 photo below..
- At this point, know that you can add pre-cooked / microwaved Stove Top Stuffing to the area directly beneath your lifted lobster meat If you choose to do so, pack your precooked stuffing in the base of your shells tightly and high up and bake or broil as listed. My kids always adore that crazy easy option..
- Lightly spray the bottom of an oven safe pan or brush on Butter Marinade and place lobster tails inside. [The tails can dry and stick to the base of pan] Liberally drizzle tails with marinade and then sprinkle lobster meat with Paprika, Lemon Pepper and dried Parsley on top to taste..
- Broil [525°] tails uncovered on the top rack in the oven for approx 5-6 minutes for 8 oz or 10 minutes per pound. You'll know when they're fully cooked as your lobsters internal temperature will be 145°F. ° If choosing to BAKE your tails, heat oven to 425° and bake about 1 minute per ounce as a general rule. An 8 ounce tail should take 7-8 minutes. Quickly drizzle your Butter Marinade on top of tails while they're broiling or baking but make it quick. You won't want to lose any of your ovens heat..
- IMPORTANT NOTE: Be careful not to over cook your tails. Your lobster will be chewy or rubbery if you accidently do. Again, use your thermometer and look for 145° F. Remember, a $2.00 cooking thermometer is definitely worth your investment when serving lobster..
- Melt or clarify additional butter and add to what's left of your lobster marinade for serving if needed. Or, you can melt plain butter without your seasoned marinade. Either way, serve your tails with butter on the side and garnish your plates with fresh parsley and lemon slices..
- See the questions area for directions on grilling your lobster tails. Enjoy!.