Recipe: Delicious German Chocolate Cake
German Chocolate Cake. German chocolate cake, originally German's chocolate cake, is a layered chocolate cake from the United States filled and topped with a coconut-pecan frosting. Homemade German Chocolate Cake with layers of coconut pecan frosting and chocolate frosting. German chocolate cake, traditionally made with sweet baking chocolate, is known to be unapologetically decadent and indulgent.
I have long associated German Chocolate Cake with Father's Day, although I'm not entirely sure why. I think I remember my mom making it for my dad once or twice growing up (although never on. According to my husband, this is the best German chocolate cake recipe in the whole world. You can cook German Chocolate Cake using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of German Chocolate Cake
- Prepare of Parchment paper.
- Prepare 2 (4 oz.) of packages German sweet chocolate baking bars*.
- Prepare 2 cups of all-purpose flour.
- It's 1 teaspoon of baking soda.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 1 cup of butter, softened.
- You need 2 cups of sugar.
- You need 4 of large eggs, seperated.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1 cup of buttermilk.
Every bite has a light crunch from the pecans, a sweet taste of coconut and a drizzle of chocolate. A German Chocolate Cake is an impressive looking cake. Three layers of moist chocolate cake that are stacked, one on top of another, with a sweet and gooey caramel flavored frosting. This German chocolate cake recipe is one of Betty Crocker's most popular desserts, and for good reason.
German Chocolate Cake instructions
- Preheat oven to 350°. Lightly grease 3 (9-inch) round cake pans; line bottoms with parchment paper, and lightly grease paper. I placed the pan on the parchment paper and cut around it..
- Microwave chocolate baking bars and 1/2 cup water in a large microwave-safe bowl at HIGH for 1 to 1 1/2 minutes or until chocolate is melted and smooth, stirring once halfway through..
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt ingredient's in a medium bowl. I sifted my ingredients together..
- Beat butter and sugar at medium speed with an electric mixer until fluffy. Add egg yolks, 1 at a time, beating just until blended after each addition. Stir in chocolate mixture and vanilla. Add flour mixture alternately with buttermilk, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Beat at low speed just until blended after each addition..
- Beat egg whites at high speed until stiff peaks form; gently fold into batter. Pour batter into prepared pans..
- Bake at 350° for 25 to 30 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from oven, and gently run a knife around outer edge of cake layers to loosen from sides of pans. Cool in pans on wire racks 15 minutes. Remove from pans to wire racks; discard parchment paper. Cool completely (about 1 hour). Spread Coconut-Pecan Frosting between layers and on top and sides of cake. Garnish, if desired. (See separate post).
The step-by-step instructions clearly walk you through the process you need to create a. The recipe for German Chocolate Cake is on the bar of the Bakers German Chocolate Bar. This classic German Chocolate Cake combines rich chocolate cake layers with a sweet coconut German Chocolate Cake was actually named after American baker Samuel German, who worked for. This homemade German chocolate cake with its easy, sweet, and gooey coconut and pecan frosting is my all-time favorite. It's an easy recipe to make from scratch, and my whole family goes crazy for it.