Recipe: Delicious 2 layer chocolate cake
2 layer chocolate cake. Divide the batter evenly between the prepared pans. Mix sugar and canola oil in a mixing bowl and beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until combined. Chop chocolate and place in a double boiler.
Spread the remaining frosting over the top and sides of the cake. Also, if you've ever wondered why some chocolate cake recipes (like this one) call for boiling water, it's because it helps bloom the cocoa powder, giving the cake a deeper chocolate flavor. For a softer cake, you can substitute cake flour for the all-purpose flour. You can cook 2 layer chocolate cake using 11 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of 2 layer chocolate cake
- It's 1 3/4 c of flour.
- You need 2 c of sugar.
- Prepare 3/4 c of cocoa powder.
- You need 2 t of baking soda.
- You need 1 t of baking powder.
- It's 1 t of salt.
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- You need 8 oz of strong coffee.
- It's 1 c of buttermilk.
- Prepare 1/2 c of oil or butter.
- Prepare 2 t of vanilla extract.
When it came time to make this recipe into a chocolate layer cake, I had to be very thoughtful about what frosting I would choose. This Chocolate Cake Recipe truly is the BEST EVER! And I don't use that term lightly. How to Make Chocolate Cake for Two.
2 layer chocolate cake step by step
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Grease and flour two 9" round spring form pans.
- Combine dry ingredients and make a well in the center.
- Combine wet ingredients and pour into well..
- Mix until combined. Will be thinner than normal cake batter..
- Split evenly into prepared pans. Bake 30 - 40 minutes until toothpick comes out clean..
- Cover and cool 20 minutes in freezer..
- Remove from pans, place bottom down and add 1/3 of frosting on top, then place to layer..
- Use 1/3 remaining frosting to cover cake with thin layer. Let set for 30 minutes..
- Use remaining frosting to cover cake again..
This cake (minus the frosting), is a one-bowl chocolate cake. In a large bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients. We have the all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking powder, baking soda, salt and instant espresso powder. Pour in the buttermilk, warm water, eggs, olive oil and mix. Set a cake layer on a plate with the flat side facing up.