Recipe: Delicious Mike's Classic Lobster Rolls
Mike's Classic Lobster Rolls.
You can cook Mike's Classic Lobster Rolls using 24 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Mike's Classic Lobster Rolls
- Prepare of Lobster Meat Mixture.
- Prepare 4 of Or 5 [4 oz] Lobster Tails [depending upon how rich you want your sandwiches].
- It's 1 packages of 20 oz Imitation Crab Meat.
- You need 1/2 cup of Real Mayonnaise [+ additional as per your taste].
- You need 1/2 cup of Celery With Leaves.
- It's 1/4 cup of Chopped Chives.
- You need 2 tbsp of Fresh Parsley [packed].
- It's 1 tsp of Lemon Pepper.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of White Pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Granulated Garlic.
- You need 1 tsp of Yellow Mustard.
- You need 2 tbsp of Real Butter.
- Prepare of Bread.
- Prepare 2 packages of King's Hawaiian Rolls [12 count per bag or mini rolls 6 count].
- You need 1 stick of Real Salted Butter [optional].
- Prepare 1 of Bottle Garlic Powder.
- Prepare of Toppings - Garnishments - Sides.
- It's 3 cup of Shredded Iceberg Lettuce.
- Prepare 1 large of Bag Salt & Vinegar Potato Chips.
- It's 4 large of Dill Pickle Quartered Spears.
- You need 1 tub of Fresh Guacamole.
- It's 1 dash of Old Bay Seasoning.
- Prepare 1 dash of Paprika.
- You need 1 dash of Celery Salt.
Mike's Classic Lobster Rolls step by step
- Add everything in the, "Lobster Meat Mixture," category except for the lobster in a large bowl and mix well. You will need more mayo than is called for. Tablespoon by tablespoon add more mayonnaise until it reaches the creamy consistency you desire. I usually add 3 additional tablespoons..
- De-thaw your lobster tails in water if frozen. Do not steam/boil/cook frozen..
- Once thawed, cut the underside of your lobster tails lengthwise and remove meat. Rinse lobster meat and discard anything you deem undesirable..
- Fill 1-1/2" of water and 2 tablespoons butter in a pot with a tight fitting lid. Bring to a boil and add lobster meat. Reduce heat to low and simmer/steam lobster meat for 5 to 6 minutes..
- Once cooked, place on plate to cool. Chop lobster meat and add to lobster meat mixture and mix. Place in fridge until fully chilled..
- Carefully tear 4 lengthwise rolls from the other 8. Then another 4 lengthwise rolls from the 8. This will leave you with 3 long sweet sub rolls each consisting of 4 mini rolls. Note: There are also King's Hawaiian Mini Sub Rolls available now that come in packs of 6 and are pre-split. I've used those in the photo below. You can find these rolls in the deli section of your local supermarket..
- Carefully slice lengthwise down the side of your roll [if using the 12 pack] to create an opening for your lobster meat without cutting it completely in half..
- You can use these rolls as they are or butter and sear them in a hot pan. If I sear them, I lightly butter the rolls and lightly sprinkle with garlic powder..
- Smear a layer of guacamole on one side of your roll. Add shredded lettuce and pile on your lobster meat mixture. Sprinkle liberally with Old Bay Seasoning and a pinch of Celery Salt. Also, add a long, thin dill pickle spear at the top of sandwich and serve with Salt & Vinegar Chips to cut some of the richness..
- To reduce the overall carbs, you can use low carb bread and omit the guacamole..