Recipe: Yummy Spicy sausage and pepper pasta (healthy version)
Spicy sausage and pepper pasta (healthy version). After the peppers and onions have softened, return the sliced sausage to the pot along with the diced tomatoes, basil For a little healthier twist, we sometimes substitute hot chicken sausage instead of regular sausage and pair it. Spicy Roasted Sausage, Potatoes and Peppers. I adapted this pasta to be like my favorite Italian restaurant version, only lighter—and tastier.
Meanwhile, heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Pasta tossed in a simple sausage, tomato, and spinach sauce is a perfect weeknight meal. I make it a little healthier using whole wheat pasta, low-sodium chicken broth, and spicy Italian turkey sausage. You can have Spicy sausage and pepper pasta (healthy version) using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Spicy sausage and pepper pasta (healthy version)
- It's 1 pack of is Italian sausage (2-3 lbs).
- It's 3-4 of red peppers chopped.
- You need 1 of medium onion chopped.
- It's 2 tbsp of chopped garlic.
- It's of Olive oil for sautéing.
- Prepare 1 (15 oz) of can crushed tomatoes.
- You need 3-4 cups of chicken broth.
- It's 1 box of Dreamfields pasta 13.5 oz.
- You need 1 (8 oz) of pack low fat cream cheese.
- Prepare to taste of Salt and pepper.
- You need to taste of Red crushed pepper flakes.
- You need of Fresh parsley for garnish.
We actually like the turkey sausage better than regular sausage. This spicy Italian sausage pasta recipe is fast, easy, and uses minimal ingredients. It's the perfect weeknight dinner that tastes like it came from a Pro tip: Want to make this pasta more spicy? Add a pinch of cayenne pepper or some red pepper flakes.
Spicy sausage and pepper pasta (healthy version) instructions
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Add sausage onto greased on sheet and cook for 30 min. Then flip and cook for another 10 min until golden brown.
- Meanwhile sauté the chopped veggies and garlic in olive oil until soft..
- Add the can of crushed tomatoes, chicken broth, and seasoning. Bring to a boil and add pasta.
- While pasta is cooking dice up the cooked sausage and add in. The last 2 min of the pasta cooking, add the cream cheese to sit on top of dish to soften. Remove from heat and stir in cream cheese and chopped parsley. Enjoy!.
On the flip side, if you don't want it to be spicy. This hearty pasta recipe with sausage and peppers will be a new family favorite. Savory sausage and sweet red peppers are a winning combination! You are going to go nuts over this sausage and peppers pasta with spicy sausage, sweet sun dried peppers, and capers! Spicy Sausage and Pepper Pasta-this colorful pasta dish is easy to make and full of flavor!