Easiest Way to Prepare Perfect Mike's New Orleans Lobster, Shrimp & Crab Meat Po Boys
Mike's New Orleans Lobster, Shrimp & Crab Meat Po Boys.
You can have Mike's New Orleans Lobster, Shrimp & Crab Meat Po Boys using 27 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Mike's New Orleans Lobster, Shrimp & Crab Meat Po Boys
- It's of ● For The Seafood.
- It's 1 Pound of Raw Rock Lobster Tails [steamed & rough chopped].
- Prepare 1 lb of Pre-steamed Langistino Lobster Tails [rough chopped].
- Prepare 1 lb of Pre-steamed Jumbo Shrimp [rough chopped].
- Prepare 1 Pound of Pre-steamed Lump Crab Meat [de-shelled].
- Prepare of ● For The Fresh Crispy Breads.
- It's as needed of Leidenheimer 12" Bread Loaves [halved - sliced].
- Prepare as needed of LG Onion Or Garlic Bagles [toasted - optional].
- You need of ● For The Creamy Seafood Mixture.
- You need 2 Dashes of Heavy Cream.
- Prepare 1/4 Cup of Fresh Chopoed Chives.
- You need 1/2 Cup of Real Mayonnaise [or more].
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Old Bay Seasoning [or more].
- It's 1/2 tsp of Lemon Pepper [or more].
- You need to taste of Lemon Juice.
- It's 2 of LG Stalks Celery [fine minced].
- Prepare to taste of Celery Salt.
- Prepare 1/4 Cup of Fresh Chopped Parsley.
- Prepare 1/4 Cup of Claussens Dill Pickle Halves [minced].
- Prepare of ● For The Garnishments [optional].
- You need as needed of Paprika.
- You need as needed of Capers.
- It's as needed of Philadelphia Cream Cheese.
- It's as needed of Fresh Lemon Wedges.
- Prepare as needed of Fresh Crispy Butter Lettuce Leaves.
- Prepare as needed of Claussens Dill Pickle Halves.
- You need as needed of Salt & Vinegar Chips.
Mike's New Orleans Lobster, Shrimp & Crab Meat Po Boys instructions
- Presteamed Langistino Lobster Tails pictured. Rinse, rough chop and add to a large bowl..
- 1 lb raw Rock Lobster pictured. Rinse and set to the side. Prepare to steam them later..
- Cut lobsters down the middle of the upper shell with sharp kitchen shears..
- 1 lb Pre-steamed Jumbo Shrimp. Rinse, de-shell, de-vein if needed, rough chop and add to your large bowl with Langistino tails..
- I use fresh pre-steamed crab claws. Just crack open and shread meat. Add to large bowl..
- But, [real] canned crab meat works as well. If opting for canned - drain and carefully sift thru it for any shells..
- In a pan with a lifted rack and tight fitting lid - add these ingredients to taste. Butter - White Wine - Minced Garlic - Fresh Lemon Juice - Lemon Pepper - Old Bay and bring all to a simmer. Add what you'd like and how you'd like it but don't allow your fluids to rise above your rack and touch your lobster tails. You want to steam - not boil..
- Drizzle a bit of your melted sauce on top of your lobster tails and into the slits you made earlier. Steam with tight fitting lid for 7 to 8 minutes. Don't peek tho! ;0).
- Pull lobster tails, de-shell and rough chop meat. I'll always use the leftover lobster butter juices for a quick, simple steamed Baby Ukon Gold Potato, white onion and green pepper dish. Waste not want not right?.
- Use 12" Leidenheimer loaves if you want an authentic NOLA Po Boy. Be sure to lightly toast them! 😆.
- Simply place seafood atop crispy butter leaf lettuce and French buns. Also, serve with hot sauce and chilled pickles to the side..
- If opting to put your seafood mixture on toasted bagles - simply toast and smear cream cheese at base..
- Add a piece of butter leaf lettuce - add seafood mixture with a squeeze of lemon - then another piece of lettuce to keep your bread nice and crunchy!.
- Quite possibly the BEST chilled pickles out there! They're firm and crazy delicious! You'll only find them in your refrigerated isle of your local chain supermarket..
- Enjoy this tiny extra rich little taste of NOLA y'all!.