Recipe: Delicious Chocolate cake with chocolate cream cheese frosting and toffee
Chocolate cake with chocolate cream cheese frosting and toffee. This Swiss chocolate cake is filled and frosted with a luscious, creamy chocolate cream cheese frosting. Swiss Chocolate Cake With Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting. How to make chocolate cream cheese frosting!
To make the cream cheese frosting, combine the cream cheese and butter, and beat until soft and creamy. Add the powdered sugar and vanilla beat on low speed until the sugar is mixed in then beat on high speed until Have you made this Intense Chocolate Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting? Homemade Chocolate Frosting is luscious It has a rich chocolate flavor, and a soft texture. You can have Chocolate cake with chocolate cream cheese frosting and toffee using 19 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chocolate cake with chocolate cream cheese frosting and toffee
- You need of Batter.
- Prepare 1 3/4 cup of all-purpose flour.
- It's 2 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of Hershey's cocoa powder.
- Prepare 2 tsp of baking soda.
- You need 1 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1 tsp of kosher salt.
- Prepare 1 cup of buttermilk - shaken.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of vegetable oil.
- You need 2 of each extra large eggs- room temperature.
- Prepare 1 tsp of black vanilla extract.
- It's 2 lb of cream cheese at room temperature.
- You need 1 cup of Freshly brewed hot coffee.
- You need of Frosting.
- It's 1/2 cup of Hershey's cocoa powder.
- It's 1/2 stick of unsalted butter at room temperature.
- It's 1 lb of confectioner's sugar.
- Prepare 1 cup of toffee.
- It's 1 tsp of Black Vanilla.
Homemade Chocolate Cake with Peanut Butter Frosting… Orange Milk Chocolate Cupcakes. Almond Try these from other bloggers. Vanilla Bean Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe…. "I've been using this chocolate frosting recipe forever, and several friends now use it as their 'favorite frosting!' It's smooth, creamy and not-too-dark. In a medium bowl, sift together the confectioners' sugar and cocoa, and set aside.
Chocolate cake with chocolate cream cheese frosting and toffee instructions
- Preheat oven to 350°F Fahrenheit..
- Butter 2- 8 inch cake pans. Line pans with parchment or wax paper. Mix 1 tbsp of flour with 1 tbsp of cocoa powder and lightly dust the pans..
- Put all dry ingredients in electric mixer bowl with whip attachment and sift on low speed till blended. Scrape bowl..
- In separate bowl add all the wet ingredients and mix well. On low speed add the wet ingredients to the dry. Add the coffee until just blended..
- Pour batter into prepared pans and bake for 35 - 40 mins or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack..
- Chocolate cream cheese icing.
- Place cream cheese and butter in mixing bowl with paddle attachment on low speed till blended. Slowly add confectioner's sugar and cocoa powder a little at a time. Increase speed and whip until fluffy..
- Place one layer on a cake pedestal. Spread cream cheese mixture on top of cake. Dust with crystallized toffee. Top with the next layer. Spread frosting evenly. Dust with toffee crystals. *A coarse seive may be used for dusting..
In a large bowl, cream butter until smooth, then gradually beat in. The cream cheese frosting was perfect and really one of the few icing I didn't find overly sweet. The frosting was unusual but good, but together the cake and frosting don't work for me. The kosher salt in the frosting also seems odd - resulted in some very unevenly salty. This chocolate cream cheese frosting is a chocolate lovers dream.