Recipe: Delicious Sour cream chocolate cake
Sour cream chocolate cake. Impressive to look at but easy to make, this cake is a good old-fashioned "Sunday supper" dessert that melts in Love, Love Love this frosting. It is creamy and so easy to spread. It is chocolatey but balanced by the sour cream.
It's the perfect old-fashioned chocolate cake recipe that How to Make Sour Cream Chocolate Cake. This recipe uses simple, everyday ingredients that you probably already have in your pantry, including. This easy chocolate bundt cake is the best chocolate cake recipe. You can cook Sour cream chocolate cake using 14 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Sour cream chocolate cake
- It's 3 of squares unsweetened chocolate melted in the microwave or a bain Marie, cooled.
- You need 2 1/4 cups of sifted cake flour.
- It's 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1/2 cup of softened butter or margarine (I have never used margarine for this recipe but it says you can).
- It's 2 1/4 cup of firmly packed light brown sugar.
- It's 3 of eggs.
- You need 1 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla.
- You need 1 container (8 oz) of full fat sour cream (the short stack container).
- You need 1 cup of boiling water.
- You need of for cocoa frosting :.
- It's 1 pint of whipping cream (35% heavy cream).
- You need 2/3 cup of confectioners sugar.
- It's 1/2 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder.
- It's 1 teaspoon of vanilla.
It is easy to make, super moist, and very rich! If you are looking for the perfect bundt It is the secret ingredient! If you don't have sour cream, you can use plain Greek yogurt. It produces a lovely cake as well.
Sour cream chocolate cake instructions
- Melt the chocolate using either method. A bain Marie is the chocolate squares are melted in a bowl fitted over a pan of simmering water. It's important the bowl you have the chocolate in does not come in contact with the water as you don't want to seize the chocolate. When I make this cake I roughly Chop the chocolate and put it in a microwave bowl. Zap for 10 - 15 seconds.. Remove the bowl and stir with a tiny Whisk or spoon. Continue this process until all melted. Remember the melt process continues a little bit with each stir episode. Make sure the chocolate is cooled down but still runny..
- Grease and flour two 9x1 1/2 round cake pans-tap out any excess flour.
- Sift the flour, baking soda & salt onto a piece of wax paper... You're gonna use the wax paper like your scoop.
- Preheat oven to 350f.
- Beat the butter, sugar & eggs in a large bowl with electric mixer on high until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla and chocolate.
- Stir in the dry ingredients alternating with sour cream (I do this in three parts) beat well with spoon (or mixer on low.. You just want to make sure it's well mixed and smooth).
- Stir in 1 cup boiling water to the mix... It will be runny but that's fine.. Split the batter between both pans.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 35 minutes or until centers spring back when lightly pressed with fingertips. Cool in pan for 10 minutes then turn into wire racks to cool completely. Split each layer in half crosswise to make 4 layers.
- Fill and frost with whipped cocoa cream.
- To make the frosting put all frosting ingredients in a medium bowl and Whip until the frosting is stiff. I have doubled the frosting recipe for the cake before.. You'll just have some leftover.. Nothing wrong with leftover frosting :).
- I have also added at times a good jam (eg. Raspberry jam) between the layers before frosting and turns out well.
Sour Cream Chocolate Chip Coffee Cake. Adapted from my friend Betsy I just made the Sour Cream chocolate Chip cake and it is DELICIOUS!!! I followed the recipe exactly and is was very easy to make and turned out. Sour Cream Chocolate Cake is a simple, classic cake that can be frosted or dusted with powdered sugar. It's dense and chocolatey - a cross I actually set out to make a sour cream brownie, but it was much more cake than brownie…albeit, still delicious.